Trump To Attend Gridiron Press Dinner, No Decision On WH Correspondents Event [View all]
Source: Talking Points Memo
By Nicole Lafond | February 19, 2018 3:33 pm
President Donald Trump will attend his first dinner with journalists at the Gridiron Club on March 3 this year after chastising the nations top media outlets consistently throughout his first year in office.
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders released a statement Monday confirming Trumps plans to attend the prestigious journalism clubs annual dinner, but said the President has not yet made a decision about the White House Correspondents Dinner.
Several people have inquired about the Presidents participation in Gridiron and WHCA dinner the President is planning to attend the gridiron dinner, but no decision has been made regarding the WHCA dinner at this time, Sanders said in her statement. Will keep you posted when there is an update.
Last year, Trump skipped both the Gridiron and the Correspondents Associations dinner. He announced the decision on Twitter last year: I will not be attending the White House Correspondents Association Dinner this year. Please wish everyone well and have a great evening! he tweeted.
Read more: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/white-house-trump-attend-gridiron-dinner