Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Latest Breaking News

Showing Original Post only (View all)

Julian Englis

(2,309 posts)
Sun Nov 11, 2018, 10:16 PM Nov 2018

Former White House correspondent says CNN is suing over Acosta press credentials [View all]

Source: The Hill

Longtime ABC News White House correspondent Sam Donaldson said Sunday that CNN and its chief White House correspondent, Jim Acosta, are suing the Trump administration over Acosta’s revoked press credentials.

Donaldson, speaking on CNN’s “Reliable Sources,” said that he has been asked to submit an affidavit in the lawsuit in preparation for a court hearing this week.

The White House pulled Acosta’s hard pass after a tense exchange between him and President Trump during a press conference last week.

The White House cited Acosta’s interaction with a press aide as reason to pull the credentials, accusing him of “placing his hands on" her. In return, CNN accused White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders of “fraudulent accusations."”



Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/media/416133-former-white-house-correspondent-says-cnn-is-suing-over-acosta-press



CNN says no decision has been made.
10 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Latest Discussions»Latest Breaking News»Former White House corres...