Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

muriel_volestrangler

(105,902 posts)
7. Now it really appears to be over; could be 24 dead
Wed Jan 16, 2019, 06:16 AM
Jan 2019
In a TV address to the nation, Mr Kenyatta said 14 people had been killed but 700 others were safely evacuated from the complex.

However, the Kenyan Red Cross put the number of dead at 24.

A US citizen is among the dead, the US State Department said. He has been named as Jason Spindler.

A British citizen was also feared killed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-46888682

Recommendations

0 members have recommended this reply (displayed in chronological order):

Latest Discussions»Latest Breaking News»Gunfire and explosions ro...»Reply #7