Latest Breaking News
In reply to the discussion: Israel resumes airstrikes on Gaza as ceasefire ends [View all]bemildred
(90,061 posts)HEBRON (Ma'an) -- At least 40 Palestinians were injured in central Hebron on Friday afternoon as Israeli forces dispersed hundreds taking part in rallies condemning the ongoing Israeli assault on Gaza as well as the Israeli occupation.
Sources at the Red Crescent said that 25 Palestinians had been shot with live fire and 15 with rubber-coated steel bullets during the clashes, and the injured had been taken to hospitals.
Dr. Hazem Shalalda, director-general of al-Mizan Hospital, said that Nader Idriss, 40, was undergoing complex surgery after being shot in the heart by Israeli forces during the clashes.
The march began after Friday Prayers at al-Husseini Mosque and moved toward central Hebron, where clashes erupted with Israeli forces in Baba al-Zawiya.
http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=719121