HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Washington (Group) » UPDATED! I need help with... » Reply #1

Response to TalenaGor (Original post)

Wed Jul 14, 2021, 01:59 PM

1. Try calling the health dept & hospital social workers for referrals.

You are very kind to have helped her so much!

She needs professional help that you cannot provide & her illness makes her resistant to your urges to take meds or get help.

I don't mean to stigmatize mental health issues, but this could potentially become a dangerous situation. Who knows what the voices in her head are telling her? Presuming she is having auditory hallucinations.

In my experience as a mental health professional for many years, the voices never tell the afflicted anything positive.

I would suggest you not mention to her that you are looking for professional help for her because the voices might begin to perceive you as a threat.

Reply to this post

Back to OP Alert abuse Link to post in-thread

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
TalenaGor Jul 2021 OP
LineNew Reply Try calling the health dept & hospital social workers for referrals.
SheltieLover Jul 2021 #1
cbabe Jul 2021 #2
Goonch Jul 2021 #3
wryter2000 Jul 2021 #4
erronis Jul 2021 #5
TalenaGor Jul 2021 #6
mopinko Jul 2021 #7
2naSalit Jul 2021 #8
Please login to view edit histories.