Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Science

Showing Original Post only (View all)

TexasTowelie

(128,150 posts)
Wed Sep 14, 2016, 12:36 PM Sep 2016

SpaceX says rocket launches could resume as soon as November [View all]

SpaceX said it expects to resume launches as soon as November, avoiding a lengthy delay after its Sept. 1 launch pad explosion grounded flights and destroyed a Falcon 9 rocket and a communications satellite.

Speaking at a satellite business conference in Paris, President and Chief Operating Officer Gwynne Shotwell said the Hawthorne company is “anticipating getting back to flight -- being down for about three months -- and getting back to flight in the November time frame,” according to Bloomberg.

“We’ll obviously take another look at the rocket, focus on the ground systems,” she said. SpaceX is still trying to determine the cause of the explosion and said it is continuing to “thoroughly investigate.”

Last week, SpaceX Chief Executive Elon Musk tweeted that the fiery explosion was turning out to be the “most difficult and complex failure” in company history. The investigation into the cause of the explosion is ongoing.

Read more: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-spacex-shotwell-20160913-snap-story.html

5 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Latest Discussions»Culture Forums»Science»SpaceX says rocket launch...»Reply #0