Thanks for adding those!!!
I mentioned in another thread having some issues with DU4 on my Android phone (Android 13), here are the details. First, I want to say great job on the new site, it looks great & has some useful new features! I know a lot of work went into it & I want to acknowledge & applaud that.
1) This is what I see when I load the home page. I can't even see two whole items. Large Fonts is off, but the headlines are huge. My browser (Chrome) zoom is set to 125% to make the text in posts & replies easier to read. If I reduce browser zoom to make the size of the headlines reasonable, posts & replies become difficult to read. I'd love to be able to reduce the font size of the headlines to something reasonable so two headlines don't take up half my screen. The same size as the text below the headline, controlled by browser zoom, in bold would be great.
2) This is related to the first item. You can see the discrepancy in font size between the headline at top & the items under Trending Discussions. I'd be totally happy if there was an option to make the headlines & text under them the same size as the items in Trending Discussions. It would be a more compact layout allowing more info to be onscreen with less scrolling.
3) The next two pics illustrate something I'm seeing across multiple posts & it seems like a bug. All the responses to one OP will have the title & body text in the same font size, while all the responses to the next OP will have a title font size that's smaller than the body text. It seems to be random, but repeatable for any given OP.
4) This may be a related bug, not sure. In Account Settings it appears that my browser zoom is being applied to the text for Skinner Mode & Day/Night Cycle, but none of the other text in Settings.
5) I've seen others mention this, & it's bothering me too, the amount of empty space in thread replies. It immediately took me back to my days of importing docs into Word & writing macros to remove all the extra carriage returns, & that wasn't a happy time. [insert laughter here] Are we looking at extra /p's than can be removed?
Any suggestions on these items would be appreciated, thanks!
Sorry if someone has already posted this...
Live footage from the Al-Jazeera media network aired at 18:59 local time showed a bright light rising in the skies above Gaza. Some commentators have suggested it is from a rocket which appears to explode or disintegrate. From the footage, a flash is seen far away, followed by a much larger explosion closer to the camera that we've geolocated.
Other footage which surfaced on social media channels showed what appears to be the same blast from different angles and distances.
We consulted experts to establish whether the available evidence - including the size of the explosion and the sounds heard beforehand - could be used to determine its cause.
So far the findings are inconclusive. BBC Verify has shown the evidence to a number of weapons experts, some of whom say it is not consistent with what you would expect from a typical Israeli airstrike.
More at the link.
Xcremented on X:
Trump's federal trial for efforts to overturn 2020 election has just been scheduled for March 4, 2024.
March 4 is the day on which American Presidents were inaugurated from 1797 to 1933.
When I look at the Fulton 19, that's what comes to mind.
Incidentally, it would be fun to record some joke songs as a country band named Fulton 19. A quick lyrical idea for a verse:
I was drivin to the crossroads when the indictments came down,
18 filthy traitors plus a former POTUS clown,
Every one a criminal deserving of a cell,
And after they pass, an eternity in hell.
Unfortunately I have hundreds of songs to finish & precious little time to spend in my studio, so if anyone wants to use those lyrics, go ahead!
I've been trying to find a good image hosting service that won't reveal personal info & will give me a "clean display" of the images I link to here. I've given up on Flickr & Imgur, & I'm trying postimage because I noticed some DUers use it.
This is a test, a Cyclocane screencap. Let me know if you can see the image, & if you can search around & determine any of my personal info (like any postimage account info) from the link.
Pasting the URL:
Using the DU "link /link" function:
From The Guardian:
The US constitution does not bar those convicted of a crime from running for president.
There could be a pathway to blocking him, however, through the constitutions 14th amendment. That provision says that someone cannot hold office if theyve taken an oath to the United States, as Trump did when he was inaugurated, and engages in insurrection or rebellion against the country. Theres likely to be a flurry of separate civil lawsuits in state courts seeking to disqualify Trump on that basis. Some activists have already begun a push to disqualify Trump in Georgia, Colorado, Oregon, Nevada, and California.
If he has already been convicted, Trump could theoretically pardon himself, an untested legal idea.
A Trump win would also throw the justice department into uncharted legal territory. While the department has long held that a sitting president cant be prosecuted, its unclear how that would impact a prosecution of a former president that began when he was out of office.
Much more at link...
...the server at Mar-a-Largo holding video surveillance recordings.
I'm so old I can remember when Republicans said wiping a server was really, really, really bad.
What do they say now?
Profile InformationMember since: Sun May 25, 2014, 10:27 AM
Number of posts: 6,419
- 2023 (32)
- 2022 (62)
- 2021 (21)
- 2020 (11)
- 2019 (6)
- 2018 (3)
- 2016 (3)
- 2015 (2)
- 2014 (1)
- November (1)